But, here's my June expense report. Some areas were a great improvement. Others could use some more work.
- Groceries $589.42 (Huge improvement from last month--$400 less than last month)
- Healthcare/Medical 562.21 (This will probably be a bit high for a while.)
- Education 476.60 (This is high b/c I had to buy a buttload of books for next fall and for my dissertation. This should go down a lot next month.)
- Mom 300.00
- Car Payment 300.00
- Utilities 290.00
- Gasoline 259.48
- Restaurant 202.83 (A huge improvement from the $400 we spent last month.)
- Travel 190.00
- Home Improvement 159.35 (This was a bit higher b/c I did some home improvements in the yard. Dirt therapy.)
- Insurance 150.00
- Entertainment 128.43
- Telephone 111.55
- Cable 100.00
- Hobbies 93.39 (This went down b/c I dropped Tobey from karate.)
- Service Fees 77.00 (Okay, this is seriously all my fault and way too much--six $10 overdraft fees to move money from savings to checking when I don't pay attention and have insufficient funds in my checking. I have GOT to do better here.)
- General Merch. 62.28
- Auto 57.69 (Yearly inspection and oil change.)
- Clothing 39.40
- Other 40.00
Overall, medical went way up, but that was to be expected between my minor medical procedure and Tobey's medication. It will probably go down some in the next couple months, but not by much. However, I was able to compensate for the increase in medical expenses with less grocery expenses.
Education was way up, but that was including a Sallie Mae payment and some much needed resources for the fall and my dissertation. That will go down dramatically next month. But, I need to start thinking about the student loan payments that'll be there in the next couple months.
Still, the winner for this month were the groceries and restaurant expenses, which went waaaay down. Last month was almost $1100. This month, $800. That was a huge improvement for us, especially considering that this is the summer when the boys are home and doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and swimming.